It’s the final big conference of E3, but not actually at E3. I’m intrigued to see what Nintendo have got up their sleeve, especially since they didn’t want to share the stage with the big players. I’ll keep you updated with everything Nintendo in this final live blog.
- Starting with a trailer for Pokemon X & Pokemon Y
- New fairy type added to the Pokemon universe
- Feed Pokemon treats and pet them – Similar to Ni No Kuni and familiars.
- New Mario game – Super Mario 3D World – Multilpayer mode – Toad, Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach are playable characters with their own merits.
- New Mario character – Cat Mario
- Super Martio 3D World available in December.
- New Mario Kart 8 – Actually looks really fun, if not full of potential for motion sickness – Anti gravity is a new feature – Available Spring 2014.
- New instalment of Art Academy for Wii U – Promoted by drawings on Miiverse.
- 3rd party releases – AC4, Batman Arkham Origins, Batman Arkham Origins Blakcgate, Deus Ex Directors Cut, Disney Infinity, Just Dance 2014, Rayman Legends, Scirbblenauts Unmasked; A DC Comics Adventure, Disney’s Planes, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Skylanders SWAP Force, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist, Sonic Lost World, Watch Dogs – Wii U & 3DS releases.
- Nintendo Eshop releases – Ballpoint universer, Cloudberry Kingdom, Coaster Crazy Deluxe, Duck Tales Remastered, Dungeons and Dragons Chronicles of Mystara, Mutant Mudds Deluxe, Oddworld New n Tasty Sram Hitty & His Buddy on Rails, Shovel Knight, Spin the Bottle, Bumpie’s Party, A World of Keflings (Actually cool!)
- Wii U Zelda Wind Waker release – 1080p visuals – Changes from original game – Post messages onto the Miiverse and throw a bottle into the ocean, that may wash up on the shores of other players games. Released in October.
- The Wonderful 101 – Action game – Interesting concept of combining characters for better attacks – Multiplayer mode, available up to 5 players – Launches on August 23rd.
- Brand new Donkey Kong game? Created for Wii U – Diddy Kong and Dixie (?) Kong available as multiplayer characters. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
- Bayonetta 2 – Absurdly hilarious as always – New hairstyle and costumer – Actual gameplay – Launches in 2014.
- New game boasts a large open world – Robots, monsters, funky Japanese hair – Official title is X? Giant robots feel similar to Zone of the Enders. Launching in 2014.
- Animal Crossing – No, correction, new Super Smash Bros by the looks of it – Villager from Animal Crossing is new player. Coming to 3DS and Wii U in 2014 – Megaman also a new character.
- Nintendo livestream fails to function
The Not So Sure
- Wii Party U – Delayed. Released at the end of the year.
- Wii Fit U – Delayed. Released in winter.